Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who? What? When? Where? Why?

Ever wonder what your purpose is? What you should be doing with your life to help benefit others? Well, I do that often. I've always wanted to be an inspirational speaker but never felt like I had a "life story" or experience that set me apart from others. Sure, I've lived in a few different places, have an Uncle that committed suicide, an Uncle that passed away of cancer, and a mom that suffered a stroke and has partial paralysis. I've suffered from my own anxieties and struggles in life but nothing that would cause people to want to listen to ME.

Then, I thought... why not talk to students about going to college. For me, college changed my life. The opportunities I had when I was in college changed me as a person. I was happy, outgoing, and enjoyed what I was doing. But there are many students that do that. And I was also the first child on my mom's side of the family to graduate with not only one degree but two. But, that's not something out of the ordinary... someone has to be first ;). My cousins are quickly following :).

Lately I have been seeing a lot of news articles and notices of teen suicides and lgbtq teenage bullying. I was bullied in middle school and a little bit in high school. Well, maybe a lot in high school and I just got so used to it and thought that it was a normal part of my life. I feared certain days going to school and also went home for what I called "heart attacks" but were actually panic attacks. So, I thought writing a little bit about the story of my life, whether it be boring, interesting, or just therapeutical for me... may help benefit someone out there. I want to share songs that have helped me get through some hard times and maybe quotes that make my days a little less sucky.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Kevin!!! I think you'd love this blog if you haven't seen it already:
    http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com/

    <3

    ReplyDelete